DEWATS stands for “Decentralized Wastewater Treatment Solutions”. DEWATS is rather a technical approach than merely a technology package.
DEWATS applications are based on the principle of low-maintenance since most important parts of the system work without technical energy inputs and cannot be switched off intentionally.
DEWATS applications provide state-of-the-art-technology at affordable prices because all of the materials used for construction are locally available.
- DEWATS applications provide treatment for both, domestic and industrial sources
- DEWATS applications provide treatment for organic wastewater flows from 1-1000 m³ per day
- DEWATS applications are reliable, long lasting and tolerant towards inflow fluctuation
- DEWATS applications do not need sophisticated maintenance
Without considering facilities for necessary chemical pre-treatment of wastewater from industries, DEWATS applications are based on four basic technical treatment modules which are combined according to demand:
- Primary treatment: sedimentation and floatation
- Secondary anaerobic treatment in fixed-bed reactors: baffled upstream reactors or anaerobic filters
- Tertiary aerobic treatment in sub-surface flow filters
- Fourthly aerobic treatment in polishing ponds
DEWATS applications are designed and dimensioned in such a way that treated water meets requirements stipulated in environmental laws and regulations.
Download complete file (pdf) here
See also BNS Services